Friday 13 January 2017

Spotlight on - Wild Sweetie Tomato

Review

This is a very very tiny tomato. It is currant sized and really would be great for children (although could be a chocking hazard for the very young. They are bright red and very sweet and would be really fun for littlies to find and pick and eat in the garden.

They are so small that they would get lost in a salad and really are just for munching off the plant.

This is another one that I thought - small tomato - small bush - and planted in a hanging basket...... I have read that they can get quite big as a bush but mine is confined to the small limits of a basket.

It is quite a cute little tomato but I have decided it is not for me and I am giving it away. The reason being that I have so many others that I am picking and eating that this one gets lost and ignored so I am giving it a home with young children (hopefully) and appreciated more.



It has spray of about 8 tiny tomatoes and has produced a good crop considering it's small container.


It has been a healthy bush so far, especially as it is so confined.

In summary - I would only recommend this for young children to learn how to garden as I think they would get a real buzz out of picking the tiny gems.

I won't grow it again because of the size of the tomato. A great experiment.

Seeds: The Diggers Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment